Friday, February 20, 2009

Story Telling Vs Writing

Thanks to the internet and Google, I had the opportunity to listen to the full length interview that my idol Jeffrey Archer gave in New York several years ago. And I followed that up by listening to my other favorite authors - Khaled Hosseini and Jhumpa Lahiri.

There were many things I took away from the Archer interview. The one that I am turning over in my head over and over is that he says - there is a difference between being a great writer and a great story teller.

A great writer, I guess, is someone who communicates information about a topic in a clear succint manner e.g someone who writes a textbook. But a story teller entertains. So do I aspire to be a writer - I guess I already am... I now aspire to be an entertainer............aiiiii

No comments:

Post a Comment